Vale of Leven Cemetery is situated at Overtoun Road in Alexandria. The cemetery was opened in 1881 with the first interment carried out on seventh August of that year. The cemetery serves Alexandria and surrounding communities in the Vale of Leven. The cemetery is located on the outskirts of Alexandria and commands spectacular views to Loch Lomond. The original cemetery grounds contain many fine examples of commemorative headstones from the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries.