The aim of this programme is to provide a financial incentive to businesses to create new employment opportunities for West Dunbartonshire residents over 30 years old who would otherwise be unemployed/economically inactive.
- Businesses must be located in West Dunbartonshire & employ less than 250 people.
- The subsidy is payable for a maximum 26 weeks, covering 50% of gross wages, with a maximum payment of £150 per week. Payments are made at 8 weeks, 18 & then at 26 weeks.
- The business is eligible for a maximum of 5 employees through the subsidy.
- The employee must be aged 30 or over and be a resident of West Dunbartonshire.
- The employee must work between 25 and 40 hours a week in the business.
- Jobs must be considered to be permanent and not seasonal or created for a specific temporary contract.
For further information, contact Business Support