Local Development Plan 2: Main Issues Report
The Main Issues Report is the first stage in the preparation of a new Local Development Plan for West Dunbartonshire. The Main Issues Report sets out the main changes and issues that have emerged since the Local Development Plan (Proposed Plan) 2016 was approved.
The Main Issues Report is not a policy document. It is a consultation document at an early stage in the Local Development Plan 2 process, which offers a genuine opportunity for the community and other interested parties or individuals to help shape the future development of West Dunbartonshire. It does this by setting out the Council's preferred and alternative options for development and other land uses issues across West Dunbartonshire and inviting views on these options and alternatives.
The Main Issues Report was approved by Planning Committee on 26 April 2017 and is being consulted upon between 30th June 2017 and 22nd September 2017. The Main Issues Report can be found below:
A number of documents, which have informed the preparation of the Main Issues Report, are published alongside it to aid the consultation process. These are:
- Monitoring Statement
- Strategic Environmental Assessment: Environmental Report
- Equalities Impact Assessment
- Development Opportunity Review
- Potential New Housing Sites
These documents can be accessed by clicking on the title of the document.
Consultation on the Main Issues Report and Strategic Environmental Assessment: Environmental Report
The consultation period for the Main Issues Report and its accompanying Environmental Report runs until 22nd September 2017. Comments can be submitted via the following:
- Completing an e-form
- Completing the downloadable comments form
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org (please mark as ‘MIR consultation’ or ‘Environmental Report consultation’ in subject box)
- Writing to: Forward Planning, Planning & Building Standards, Aurora House, 3 Aurora Avenue, Clydebank G81 1BF
Drop in sessions/workshops will be held in September 2017 in Alexandria, Clydebank and Dumbarton. The dates, times and venues for each of these events will be widely advertised in advance of the sessions and information on the drop in sessions/workshops will also be available on this webpage.
To discuss the Main Issues Report, please contact a member of the Council’s Forward Planning team:
- Antony McGuinness – 0141 951 7948
- Moira Clark – 0141 951 7950
- Claire Taylor – 0141 562 8794
Development Plan Scheme
The Development Plan Scheme and Participation Statement for the new Plan can be viewed here . This sets out what Development Plans cover West Dunbartonshire and the timetable for replacing them. It also sets out how the Council will engage people in the preparation of the Plan.
The time table for the preparation of the Plan is as follows:
- Publication and consultation on Main Issues Report – June>September 2017
- Publication and consultation on Proposed Plan – May>June 2018
- Submission of Proposed Plan to Scottish Ministers – November 2018
- Adoption of Plan – September 2019