What is Telecare?
Telecare provides a range of equipment to help people to live safely and independently in your own home. From fall sensor, epilepsy sensors and bed sensor and smoke sensor, to name but a few.
Will Telecare alarms help me?
The Telecare Service is available to any West Dunbartonshire resident dependant upon the individual's circumstances and assessed need. If you or a family member can relate to any of the following, Telecare alarms and equipment may be able to help you:
- Elderly people who live alone.
- People with dementia or mental health problems.
- People at risk of falling or with long term health conditions.
- Adults with Physical Disabilities.
- Victims of anti-social behaviour and bogus callers.
- People with a sensory impairment
How to apply
To be assessed or for further information on the Telecare Alarm Service contact your local social work office.
Dumbarton Area Team - Tel: 01389 776498
Clydebank Area Team - Tel: 0141 951 6180/6240
Referrals can be made by Social Care, Health and Housing staff as well as friends, relatives and self referrals. Alternatively, you can contact your case manager if you currently receive support from the HSCP.
Further information on Telecare Alarms equipment is available on the HSCP website.
Do I have to pay?
A small charge will be made for this service.