Rent Deposit Guarantee Scheme
West Dunbartonshire Council operate a Rent Deposit Guarantee Scheme. This scheme has been in operation since 2005 and has helped many households in need of housing.
The Deposit Guarantee Scheme supports people that are in housing need by allowing them to access private rented accommodation.
- works with landlords and letting agents to provide access to quality, privately rented accommodation across West Dunbartonshire.
- provides a written guarantee instead of a cash deposit to landlords.
- the council guarantees the landlord a deposit should any damage, etc. occur to the property, while at the same time the tenant pays the deposit up on a monthly basis.
The initial tenancy agreement is for six months but can be extended provided both parties are happy to do so.
If you are in housing need and would like further information, or if you are a landlord and you have a property that you would let through this scheme then contact your local Officer on the following number
- Clydebank - 01389 738624 or 738625
- Dumbarton - 01389 776409
- Alexandria - 01389 776400