The Scheme of Assistance is to help Home Owners take responsibility for their own properties and for Councils to make the most effective use of the limited public funding directed towards home repairs.
The aim of the Scheme of Assistance:
- Encourage Home Owners to recognise they have the responsibility for maintaining their own homes.
- Provide a fair and sustainable approach to providing assistance to help Home Owners repair and adapt their homes.
- Effectively address disrepair in private housing.
- Maximise the impact of public resources by levering in Owners contributions and assist a far greater number than was possible under the council's previous grants focused approach.
- Assist older and disabled residents in private properties to live independently in their home for as long they choose to do so.