If you join our Council you will have access to excellent terms and conditions of employment and career opportunities.
When you are successful in gaining employment with us you can expect the following employee benefits:
- a competitive and modern pay package, access to our pension schemes and access to salary sacrifice arrangements for childcare.
Council employees are entitled to membership of one of our Local Government Pension Schemes. Strathclyde Pension Fund (non-teaching employees) or the Scottish Public Pensions Agency (teaching employees). Both these schemes offer a career average salary pension and attractive pension benefits for employees. To find out more about how these pension schemes operate please click on the links below:
Career development opportunities
- access to a wide range of jobs, training and development opportunities to support your career aspirations.
Opportunities to achieve work/life balance
We offer various flexible working opportunities to help you to achieve work/life balance, depending on the type of job you are applying for and your circumstances. Some examples include:
- Flexitime - this is usually available for employees working in office based jobs that operate standard working hours and allows you to choose your start and finish times, provided you are at work during set core hours and you fulfil the requirements of the service.
- Flexible work options - this involves making a request to change either the hours that you work or the place that you work on a permanent basis, to help balance any personal commitments that you have. Some examples include part time working, job share working, annualised hours or homeworking
- Leave entitlements - we offer generous leave entitlements which start from a minimum of 32 days per year (annual and public holiday entitlement) rising to 42 days per year after 10 years service. This is based on full-time working and will be pro-rata as appropriate for part-time workers.
- We also offer a range of family friendly policies with generous entitlements going well beyond legal requirements. These include maternity leave, maternity support, adoption and parental leave.
Discounts and benefits
- A staff benefits scheme is available to all staff and offers a wide range of exclusive discounts at businesses across our area. The scheme allows you to experience superb discounts in restaurants, shops, leisure facilities and much more.
- We want to support our employee to remain active and healthy and offer a range of wellbeing support including access to independent Counselling Services, Occupational Health Service and physiotherapy service.
Further information on our terms and conditions can be obtained from our Employment Policy & Practice Section on 01389 737657