Every adult should aim to accumulate at least 30 minutes of
moderate intensity, physical activity most days of the week.
If you are not meeting the above recommendations then the Live
Active Referral Scheme may be for you!
The scheme may be appropriate for you if you:
- Are not currently regularly physically active but you are
thinking about becoming more active
- Are doing some activity but would like to do more and feel
additional advice and support would help you
- Have been advised to become more active, e.g. by your GP or
Practice nurse, but you don't really know where to start.
How can I access the Live Active referral scheme?
If you are interested in the Live Active Referral Scheme,
contact your GP, Practice Nurse or Physiotherapist.
If the scheme is appropriate for you, they will complete a
referral form, allowing you to attend an exercise consultation in
your local area.
How will Live Active help me become active?
Once referred, you will be invited to attend an exercise
consultation at your local leisure centre with a Live Active
You will enrol onto the scheme for 12 months where you
- Receive advice, support and encouragement from a Live Active
Advisor to help you become and stay regularly physically
- Have an opportunity to meet new people and try a variety of
activities (exercise classes, gym sessions, swimming, walking and
home based exercise) at your own pace.
Additional support is also provided via:
- Follow up consultations at the six and twelve month stage
- Follow up phone calls and prompt letters.
- Drop in sessions.
- Supervised gym sessions.
- Live Active Advisor led health walks
- motivational behavioural change support for- healthy eating and
If you would like to know more about the Live Active Exercise
Referral Scheme or you feel you would like to be referred onto the
scheme please contact a Live Active Advisor:
- John McKeown, The Meadow Centre,
- John Gardner, The Vale Swimming Pool, 01389
- Diane Harkins, The Play Drome, 0141 951