Alexandria Opening Times
|Monday||9:30 AM||-||4:55 PM|
|Tuesday||9:30 AM||-||7:55 PM|
|Wednesday||9:30 AM||-||4:55 PM|
|Thursday||9:30 AM||-||7:55 PM|
|Friday||9:30 AM||-||4:55 PM|
|Saturday||9:30 AM||-||4:55 PM|
Welcome to West Dunbartonshire Libraries
Want to find your local library and its opening hours, get involved in our reading events or even search your family tree? It is all here. Let us share our passion for reading - a wonderful life-long leisure pastime.
- Books for children and adults
- Audio Talking Books on CD
- Music CDs
- Free Computer and Internet access (see below)
- Free Wi-Fi Access
- Printing, photocopying
- Fax machine facilities
- Quest Computer Training Courses
- Macmillan cancer support information
- Family Activities including Bookbug and Storytime sessions
- Local history material relating to the Vale of Leven area is available.
|Disabled Access||Yes (Downstairs only)|
Other rooms and facilities available in this library:
Macmillan Drop-in Centre
Macmillan @ Alexandria Library
If you're affected by cancer you may want to know there's someone you can turn to for help.
West Dunbartonshire Libraries are working with Macmillan Cancer Support to provide a network of Macmillan Cancer Information & Support Drop-In Services in your local community.
Drop-in services are now available at the following times and locations:
|Alexandria Library||Monday||10:30 am - 12:30 pm|
|Balloch Library||Tuesday||1:30 pm - 3:30 pm|
|Dalmuir Library||Monday||10:30 am - 12:30 pm|
|Dumbarton Library||Wednesday||11:00 am - 1:00 pm|
|Clydebank Library||Thursday||12 noon - 2:00 pm|
Find out more at: Macmillan cancer support information
Learning Centre Computer Suite
The computer suite contains 9 computers which can be booked out by community groups to use for classes. They offer the following:
- Windows 7 on all computers
- Microsoft Office: (Version 2010) on all machines
- Free broadband Internet connection
- Full-colour printing
- A4 scanning facilities
- CD burning facilities
- Wheelchair access table
The computers are available to library members to use for free and are also utilised for the various free computer courses ran by Quest the libraries computer training team and other partner organisations.
The Small Training and Meeting Room (Livingstone Suite)
The Livingstone Suite is a great space to use with small groups and allows for a greater degree of privacy than the other spaces as it is a self contained room.
The Training and Meeting Room can hold up to 6-8 people seated and can be used by a broad range of groups for training, demonstrations and small private meetings. The space includes:
- Tea and coffee facilities.
- Children's table and chairs for small kids' events.
- Baby-massage sessions are held in the Livingstone Suite.
- Access to smart board and projector to facilitate presentations and training classes for community groups.
The junior area of the library is a large welcoming environment with moveable shelving units. The space is used for family activities such as Bookbug song and rhyme sessions, and Storytelling. The facilities include:
- Two junior PCs with free access to the internet
- Junior fiction and non-fiction books
- Junior DVDs
- Picture and board books
- Talking books on CD
- Toys and games
- Wide-screen TV and Wii console with various games
- Bookbug and Storytime sessions
- Baby Yoga and Baby Massage sessions
The Reading Room is located at the rear of the library and is a good space to and read and have a coffee. You will find the non-fiction collection in the Reading Room. This is an enjoyable space away from the main library where you can relax and spend some 'quiet time' reading.
The Upstairs Training and Activity Zones
The training and activity zone consists of two areas. The first is a large open space and is used currently for local drama and dance groups use for rehearsal but could be adapted for other uses such as meeting and seminars etc.
The smaller area can be used for medium sized training groups and meeting etc.