Books should be returned within four weeks.
If you can't bring your books back by the return date, in order to avoid paying fines items can be renewed by:
Use your library card number and 4 digit PIN to log in to LibraryOnline - Renew My Items (external website) and renew your loans
- You will be directed to an external libraries page where you can log in to your account at the top right of the page
- You'll need your library card number and PIN
- If you don't have/know your PIN then ask next time you visit the library
- Alternatively if you have registered your e-mail account with WDC Libraries then go to LibraryOnline and click on the option Forgot my PIN at the My Account log-in screen.
You can also renew your books by:
- Phoning your library
- in person
This renewal will be for a further four week period unless the item is requested by another borrower.
Books can be renewed without coming into the library up to eight times, and then must be brought into a library for returns or a further renewal.
Reserve and renew
Once you have joined a library and have a library card and PIN, you can reserve and renew your items by using the online catalogue.
Email notification service - overdue notices and reserved items
Sign up for our free email notification service at West Dunbartonshire Libraries. When you sign up you will receive:
- early warning when an item is about to become overdue.
- notification when items have become overdue.
- notification when items you have reserved are ready for your collection.
These emails will replace the letters we currently post to you.
Remember if you have items out and are about to become overdue you can renew the item(s) over the phone or online by logging into your library account at www.libraryonline.org.uk
To sign up for this service simply fill in this form below and your email address will be added to our system.