Tuesday 23 January ( 13:30 - 15:30 )
Faifley Library , Edinbarnet Campus, Craigpark Street, G81 5BS. Tel 01389 879528
8 week course, FREE
This 8 week course is aimed at Absolute Beginners; you will learn the basics of how to use a computer, the basics of using the internet and email and how not to be afraid! All of our Quest courses are flexible and student-driven, however the following areas will be covered on the course:
- Introduction: Covering general PC orientation, working with Windows, using the mouse to open and close programmes to help familiarise you with your PC.
- The Keyboard: Learn editing techniques using the keyboard by typing a simple letter. Demonstrate the basics of saving and storing files on floppy disc or flash drive.
- Surf and Search the Internet: Using ‘Internet Explorer’ to browse the Internet, you’ll learn about using web addresses and ‘hyperlinks’ to surf the net. Using Search Engines like Google and Yahoo to find information on the Internet when you don’t know where to look.
- Email: Open an e-mail account with Yahoo and learn how to send and receive your first e-mails.
When booking please specify the course, venue, date and time you require
You can apply for a place in a number of ways,
- Alternatively you can pop into your local library and book a place there.
If you have any problems applying for a course or require further information please email email@example.com or call 01389 772132.