Tuesday 23 January ( 10:00 - 12:00 )
Dumbarton Library , Strathleven Place, Dumbarton, G82 1BD. Tel: 01389 608992
Welcome to West Dunbartonshire Libraries
8 week course. FREE
Looking to enhance your computer skills and progress beyond being a beginner?
This 8 week course is aimed is ideal for someone in a club or committee looking to help with the secretarial side of the organisation. All of our Quest courses are flexible and student-driven, however the following areas will be covered on the course:
- Introduction: Learn the essential keys on a keyboard and how to set out and type a standard letter.
- Formatting: Using different fonts, font sizes, bold, italic and underline. Colour will be used to format fonts and highlight text.
- Editing: Use the cut, copy and paste features and use the undo and redo facilities.
- Tables: Inserting tables to display data or to use as an aid to layout. Adding borders and colouring the rows and columns.
- Tabs: Learn how to use tabs effectively and discover what the ruler at the top of the page is for.
- Mail Merge: Setting up and using Mail Merge to send letters to multiple recipients or for labels.
When booking please specify the course, venue, date and time you require
You can apply for a place in a number of ways,
- Alternatively you can pop into your local library and book a place there.
If you have any problems applying for a course or require further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01389 772132.