The Council has a zero tolerance policy for dog fouling, fly-tipping, fly-posters and graffiti.
Our message is clear. If you don't clean up after your pet then you are breaking the law and could face a £80 fixed penalty, rising to £100 if not paid within 28 days.
You can report dog fouling using the online form below. This form cannot be used to report dog fouling in a private garden.
Report Dog Fouling (this should take around 2 minutes)
What happens next
- An officer will investigate within 24 hours.
- If the dog fouling is present on a pavement, roadway etc. this will be classed as priority and removed as soon as possible.
- Where there is a named suspect, Litter Control will visit and make them aware that a complaint has been received. Where evidence exists they may be issued with a Fixed Penalty Notice. (We never identify the source of the complaint).
Free Poop Scoop Bags
To assist dog owners to clear away their dog mess, we have purchased biodegradable poop scoop bags which are available free of charge. You can obtain the bags from:
- Asda, Clydebank Shopping Centre
- All Clydebank Libraries
- All Clydebank CE Centres
- All Clydebank Police Office, Montrose Street
- Boyce and Houston Vets Practice, Crown Avenue
- Centre 81
- Knowes Housing
- Trafalgar Housing
- Asda, St James' Retail Park
- Glenbrae Vets Practice, Station Road
- Council Offices, Garshake Road
- Admin Office, Elm Road, Broadmeadow Industrial Estate
- Dumbarton Library, Strathleven Place
- All Dumbarton CE Centres
- Dumbarton Police Office, Stirling Road
- Vale of Leven
- All Vale of Leven Area Libraries
- All Vale of Leven Area CE Centres
- Alexandria Police Office, Hill Street
- Duncan Mills Memorial Slipway
- Ladyton Pharmacy
- Lomond Woods Holiday Park
- McKenzie Vets Practice, Gilmour Street
- National Park HQ, Carrochan Road
- One Stop Shop, Mitchell Way
- Social Work Office, Bridge Street
- Tourist Information Centre, Balloch
The Council also operates a dog warden service which deals with stray dogs and responds to other complaints which involve dogs and dog ownership (e.g. noise and fouling). Further information is available on the Dog Warden page.