Before you book an uplift, why not donate your large household items you no longer need instead. If you items are still in good condition you can have them collected for free by calling the National re-use phone line on 0800 0665 820. The helpline will arrange for a local re-use organisation to collect your item and pass it on to be used by someone else. Alternatively visit Recycle for Scotland website for an online form and more information on the scheme.
Book an Uplift
If your large household items are damaged or cannot be reused Waste Services operate an uplift service to help you dispose of them. We aim to pick up general household and white goods items within ten working days after receiving your payment. However this timescale is only a guide, which means it could take longer than this.
We charge £19.00 in advance for this service which can be arranged by calling the Contact Centre on 01389 737000, Monday to Friday between 8am and 5pm. This charge covers approximately 10 items with an itemised list taken at the time of booking.
If you have over 10 items this will cost more. We will carry out a visit to your home to assess how much this will cost. This will also have to be paid in advance. This is charged as timed work and will start at £87.30 per hour.
Some of Items we will collect:
- Settees (sofas)
- Fridges/Freezers (not Commercial)
- Garden furniture
Items we will not collect:
- Car Tyres
- Concrete Slabs
- Commercial Waste
- Hazardous materials
- Industrial containers
Where to leave your items:
Once you have requested your uplift you must ensure that:
- All items to be uplifted are kept together and placed at the agreed collection point;
- Bags of waste can be picked up by one person, do not contain sharp objects, hazardous material and are not overfilled
- Planks of wood (including laminate flooring) and Branches/hedge clippings must be no longer than four feet in length. These should be either bagged or tied with string/rope
- Carpet should be rolled up and tied with string/rope and stored in an upright position.
- Sofas, beds and mattresses should be covered as soaked items may not be collected on the day by Operatives due to the weight of the item
Household Construction Waste
If you need construction waste such as kitchen units, bathroom suites, internal doors or any items from home improvements collected. We will charge a minimum of £65.00 and will again carry out a home visit to advise you of the total cost.
Other ways to dispose of bulky waste
You can take any bulky items to our Household Waste Recycling Centres free of charge.