Please help us to recycle more by putting the following items into your brown bin.
Cooked and uncooked food waste including:
- Meat & fish (including bones)
- Egg shells
- Fruit & vegetables
- Dairy produce including eggs and cheese
- Bread, cakes, pastry
- Beans, pasta, rice
- Tea bags & coffee grounds.
Please place your food waste in the compostable bags provided. Do not use plastic bags or plastic packaging to store your food waste in the brown bin.
Replacement compostable food bags:
- Tie a compostable food bag to your brown bin kerbside and our waste operatives will supply you with a new roll
- Email email@example.com
- Calling the Waste Aware Helpline on 0845 111 0050
- Collected from council offices, libraries and community centres
Please do not put any liquids or oils into your brown bin.
Garden waste including:
- Grass cuttings
- Hedge trimmings
- Twigs and small branches
- Flowers, plants & weeds (no soil or plant pots).
Please do not place your garden waste in plastic bags or liners.
We cannot accept soil, large branches, logs, wood, stones, rubble or animal bedding/waste in the brown bin.