This project is part funded by the European Social Fund under the 2014-2020 Structural Funds Programmes.
The aim of the Working4U Employment Grant is to assist people into employment. The project will pay a Wage Subsidy to employers who create a new job which is filled by a person aged 16 years plus who is not in education, employment or training.
- Must be Pipeline eligible: Resident of West Dunbartonshire, aged 16 plus and not in education, employment or training. Must provide proof of nationality, address and age when registering.
- Must be a resident of West Dunbartonshire
- Must have an minimum of 2 barriers to employment
- Must work between 25 and 40 hours a week in the business
- Must have a contract of employment to be agreed prior to start and reviewed at 13 and 26 weeks
- Must employ less than 250 employees
- Must not have any debts owing to West Dunbartonshire Council
- Must be able to provide evidence of creating a job i.e. an increase in staffing levels
- Must have a Business Bank Account and provide full details prior to job start
- Must offer a contract of employment between 25 and 40hrs per week
- Must operate in line with current UK and European employment and equality legislation
- Must have Employers Liability Insurance.
Additional Employer Information
- The wage for the post must adhere to the national minimum wage rates if eligible as stated on gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- The grant is payable for a period covering up to 26 weeks, covering 50% of gross national minimum wage rate
- The grant is payable on basic wage only and does not include sickness pay, overtime or bonus payments & maternity leave.
- Payments are made at 13 and 26 weeks.
- Evidence of payment of wages must be provided through employee payslip and company bank statements covering all weeks employed.
- Must provide a written contract of employment and issue a signed copy to West Dunbartonshire Council within 4 weeks of employment start date
- Reviews must be completed at 13 & 26 weeks to prove enhanced employability and progression
- Additional grant support and business advice may be available from the Council’s Business Support and Business Gateway services. Contact them on 01389 737 777/0141 435 7560 for more information.
How to Apply
Complete the Working4U Grant Enquiry Form
If you would like further information on the ESF Grant or alternate wage subsidy grants that may be available please contact Working4U Employer Engagement Team by email at: email@example.com.