West Dunbartonshire Council is planning to spend over £27 million this year to continue investment and improving its housing and local estates. The investment will enable the Council to maintain its commitment to meeting the Scottish Quality Housing Standard and bring every Council home in the area up to the Energy Efficiency Standard for Social Housing by 2020. In addition to this it supports investment in connection with Landlord Obligations, Health & Safety and supporting regeneration and New Build Council Housing.
Current improvement projects:
- Kitchen renewals
- Bathroom renewals
- Central Heating Installations
- Door Entry Installations
- Environmental Improvements such as common paths, bin areas, common walls and car parks.
- Window & Door renewals
- External Insulated Render works
- Roof Renewals
- Special Needs Adaptations
- CCTV and Community Safety Projects
Councillors also agreed to invest a further £24 million in 2017/18 and £20 million in 2018/19.
In 2016/17, we plan to:
- Improve 250 homes with new external insulated render.
- Improve 300 homes with new central heating systems.
- Improve 300 homes with new roof coverings.
- Improve 400 homes with environmental improvements.
- Improve 800 homes with window/door renewals.
- Improve 170 homes with kitchen renewals.
- Improve 120 homes with kitchen renewals.
- Improve 150 homes with electrical renewals.
Over the last 3 years, the following works were completed:
- 14 High rise blocks have been improved with new structural insulated over-cladding, new windows, roofs and doors.
- 9 Lifts have been upgraded or replaced in medium and high rise blocks.
- Over 1200 properties have been improved with new central heating systems.
- Over 1600 properties have been improved with render or roughcast renewals.
- Over 700 properties have been improved with roof renewals.
- Over 550 properties have been improved with secure close entry systems.
- Over 1000 properties have been improved with kitchen or bathrooms renewals.
- Over 1500 properties have been improved with electrical renewals.
- Over 1200 properties have been improved with window/door renewals.
- 121 new council houses built.
For further information on the Scottish Housing Quality Standard