Skip to content

You can claim for a Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction whether you are a council tenant or renting from a private landlord.

If you claim Income Support/Jobseekers Allowance (Income Based) you can claim Housing Benefit at the same time by filling in the form included inside the claim pack. Your local Department for Work & Pensions Office will then forward the claim form to us.

You can complete the Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction application form below.

Application Form

To make a claim you must provide:

  • a fully completed claim form
  • proof of your identity
  • your National Insurance number
  • all income, savings and all capital
  • proof of rent, if you pay rent to a private landlord or a housing association.

Both you and your partner must supply original documents and if you are living together as a couple your income is assessed jointly.

You may also be entitled to a reduction in your Council Tax.  Find out more information on the Council Tax Reduction pages.