At the Council meeting on the 4 February 2015, Members agreed to continue payment of Grants to Older People and Older Peoples Groups for future years. It was accepted that the eligibility level was set too low at age 60 and that eligibility should be amended to reflect the changes to normal retirement age. The criteria has been changed and phased in over a number of years from 2016/17 until 2018/19 to be in line with national retirement age. In order for new applicants to be eligible for payment in 2018, they must be of national retirement age.
- For 2018/2019 you must be 65 or over on the 1 December 2018 and reside within the West Dunbartonshire area to qualify.
- This nomination will stay valid until you withdraw consent or are no longer eligible for this scheme.
- If you choose to receive the funding directly, you MUST have a bank account which receives incoming funds. Post office accounts cannot be accepted and cheques cannot be issued.
- If you have chosen to receive the funding directly, you are required to ensure the Council is kept informed of any change of personal details – e.g. address, bank information.
- This information will be stored securely.
- This information will not be used for any other purposes other than the Elderly Welfare Grant Funding and confirmation of continued consent will be carried out on a periodic basis.
- The Council will be required to verify the information contained in this form using other Council records. In signing this document you are agreeing to these checks. The Council may also contact you directly for further verification, if required.
Deadline for Submission 14 September 2018.
Online Grant Form (this should take around 3 minutes to complete)
Residents can also download and post nomination forms to:
Finance and Resources
West Dunbartonshire Council,
16 Church Street,
or email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org*
Alternatively you can return the completed form at any of our drop off points:
- Reception: Council Offices, 16 Church Street, Dumbarton
- Any Council Library, Housing Office or Social Work Day Care Centre
- One Stop Shop – Alexandria Library, Gilmour Street, Alexandria & Sylvania Way South, Clydebank
Further details and advice is also available from the Council's Contact Centre on 01389 737000.
*When emailing the form, you are accepting the conditions and checks noted in General Information on the form.