What is it?
Data protection ensures that information held about you is processed in accordance with the rights provided in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This safeguards and prohibits any non-compliant or unauthorised processing.
The Act also gives you the right to:
- Know what information is being held about you.
- Know what your information is being used for and why.
- Know where the information came from and who has accessed it.
- Request access to your information.
- Take action to block, rectify, erase or destroy inaccurate data.
Requests for information
(Subject Access Requests (SAR))
You can request access to find out what information West Dunbartonshire Council holds about you.
Please complete the form below and return by post to
Data Protection Officer
Compliance with the Act is the responsibility of the Council and this is regulated by the Information Commissioner.