Did you know?
At 8.30 – 9.00am, 1 in 5 cars on the road are making the school journey!
The safety of children and young people travelling to, from and around our schools and early education centres is an issue that concerns everyone. In West Dunbartonshire, the roads section has introduced measures to protect all children by:
- Implementing mandatory 20mph speed limits around our schools.
- Implementing parking regulations that make it illegal to stop or park on School Keep Clear markings outside schools.
- Providing a School Crossing Patrol Service that ensures the safety of children, crossing at designated points, on the way to and from school.
- Encouraging children to walk and cycle on the school journey through education initiatives such as Travelling Green and Bikeabililty programmes.
- Encouraging schools to produce a school travel plan to promote more sustainable travel choices for all members of the school community and visitors, improve safety on the school journey by reducing the volume of traffic on the school run.