Not all 2 year olds are eligible for funding. Two year olds can start receiving funding early under a few different circumstances. This includes if they’re under the care of the local council, a family member or other person appointed by the court or if their household is already receiving certain benefits.
You can apply for an ELC place for your two year old if you meet any of the following criteria:
- Income support (IS)
- Job Seeker’s Allowance (income-based)
- Employment and Support Allowance (income-based)
- Incapacity or Severe Disablement Allowance
- State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (CTC), but not Working Tax Credit, and your income is less than £16,105*
- Both maximum Child Tax Credit and maximum Working Tax Credit and your income is under £6,420; or, the Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)*
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit
Children who are 2 years are eligible to take up their funded place from around the term after their birthday or from the term after their parents starts receiving the qualifying benefit. Further information is available in the Admission to ELCC in the related link section.
Some centres provide this service including local authority funded providers, funded private provider nurseries in partnership with West Dunbartonshire Council including Childminders all offer early learning and childcare for eligible two year olds:
Bright Beginnings Private Nursery
Brookland Private Nursery
Carousel Private Nursery Alexandria
Carousel Private Nursery Dumbarton
Children’s Hour Private Nursery
Clydebank Early Learning and Childcare Centre
Ferryfield Early Learning and Childcare Centre
Great Start Private Nursery
Ladyton Early Learning and Childcare Centre
Lennox Early Learning and Childcare Centre (Faifley)
Lucky Little Stars Private Nursery
Meadowview Early Learning and Childcare Centre
Nursery times by the River Private Nursery
Riverside Early Learning and Childcare Centre
Sunflower Private Nursery
Tots R Us private Nursery
You can now apply online for a nursery place for 2 to 3 year olds using the form below.
Apply Nursery place
Read nursery inspection reports (external link) on the Care Inspectorate website.