At the Council meeting on the 4 February 2015, Members agreed to continue payment of Grants to Older People and Older Peoples Groups for future years. It was accepted that the eligibility level should be amended to reflect the statutory changes to normal retirement age. In order for new applicants to be eligible for payment in 2020, they must be of normal retirement age.
If you have already completed a form last year and your details have not changed, you do not need to complete a new form as the details you provided last year will be used. However a General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) consent form must be completed prior to 14th September 2018. If this form is not completed payments can not be made.
- For 2020/2021 you must be 66 or over on 1 December 2020 and reside within the West Dunbartonshire area to qualify.
- This nomination will stay valid until you withdraw consent or are no longer eligible for this scheme.
- If you choose to receive the funding directly, you MUST have a bank account which receives incoming funds. Post office accounts cannot be accepted and cheques cannot be issued.
- If you have chosen to receive the funding directly, you are required to ensure the Council is kept informed of any change of personal details – e.g. address, bank information.
- This information will be stored securely.
- This information will not be used for any other purposes other than the Elderly Welfare Grant Funding and confirmation of continued consent will be carried out on a periodic basis.
- The Council will be required to verify the information contained in this form using other Council records. In signing this document you are agreeing to these checks. The Council may also contact you directly for further verification, if required.
- PLEASE NOTE: Electronic submission of forms is the preferred method until Council buildings have reopened. If you cannot access the online form, please email email@example.com stating your name and address and we will post a claim form to you.
For further details please contact the Council’s Contact Centre on (01389) 738282.
- Complete the online application form
- Download the application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. When emailing the form, you are accepting the conditions and checks noted in the General information section above. You can also return the completed nomination form by post to: Elderly Welfare Grants Administrator, Corporate Admin Support Team, West Dunbartonshire Council, Council Offices, 16 Church Street, Dumbarton, G82 1QL
Alternatively, when Council buildings have reopened please hand in or pick up a form at one of our drop-off points:
- Reception: Council Offices, 16 Church Street, Dumbarton
- Any Council Library, Housing Office or Social Work Day Care Centre
- One Stop Shop – Alexandria Library, Gilmour Street, Alexandria & Sylvania Way South, Clydebank
Completed forms must be with West Dunbartonshire Council by 4th October 2020 to qualify for payment in December 2020.