At the Council meeting on the 4 February 2015, Members agreed to continue payment of Grants to Older People and Older Peoples Groups for future years. It was accepted that the eligibility level should be amended to reflect the statutory changes to normal retirement age. In order for new applicants to be eligible for payment in 2021, they must be of normal retirement age.
- For 2021/2022 you must be 66 or over on 1 December 2021 and reside within the West Dunbartonshire area to qualify.
- This nomination will stay valid until you withdraw consent or are no longer eligible for this scheme.
- If you choose to receive the funding directly, you MUST have a bank account which receives incoming funds. Post office accounts cannot be accepted and cheques cannot be issued.
- If you have chosen to receive the funding directly, you are required to ensure the Council is kept informed of any change of personal details – e.g. address, bank information.
- This information will be stored securely.
- This information will not be used for any other purposes other than the Elderly Welfare Grant Funding and confirmation of continued consent will be carried out on a periodic basis.
- The Council will be required to verify the information contained in this form using other Council records. In signing this document you are agreeing to these checks. The Council may also contact you directly for further verification, if required.
For further details please contact the Council’s Contact Centre on (01389) 738282.
The nomination form can be completed online or downloaded for completion.
If you have downloaded the application, once complete the form can be emailed to email@example.com. When emailing the form, you are accepting the conditions and checks noted in the General information section above.
You can also return the completed nomination forms by post to: Elderly Welfare Grants Administrator, Corporate Admin Support, West Dunbartonshire Council, Council Offices, 16 Church Street, Dumbarton, G82 1QL.
Completed forms must be with West Dunbartonshire Council by 8 October 2021 to qualify for payment in December 2021.