Rent arrears, benefits and debt advice

We can help you if you are a council tenant and need advice about your benefits or if you are having trouble paying your rent.

Rent and Benefit Advice

An Income Management Officer can give advice if you are having trouble paying your rent or if you have questions about your rent account.  We can estimate how much rent you have to pay until your benefit claim is complete, support you in contacting other housing or benefit services.

We also give help to find out if you have claimed all the benefits you are entitled to and help if you have been given a notice of proceedings because of rent arrears or debt problems.  Call 01389 737788

Email for help to claim Housing and Council Tax benefit.

Debt and Financial Advice

Email for free advice and assistance with:

  • In and out of work benefits,
  • Debt,
  • Financial capability,
  • Appeal representation,
  • Fuel and Housing issues.

 The Advice Service also specialise in working with those suffering from cancer, long term conditions, learning disability and mental health.

Further advice and assistance

call freephone: 0800 980 9070 or standard rate: 01389 737050

Make a rent payment

Pay your rent online

Please ensure that you have your account reference number, a valid debit or credit card and if you have an email account your email address to allow us to send your receipt.